The team has had a great day here! Thanks for your prayers. Our biggest danger at the moment is the traffic here in Kampala...oh my goodness. Amazingly there doesn't seem to be accidents. I think of it similar to going on a really scary ride at Disneyland (which I never do)....you feel as though something very bad could happen any second, but it doesn't. There's definitely a method to it and everyone seems to be able to anticipate the others moves. Amazing.
We picked up a large order of medicines and supplies that Dr. Will ordered via the internet a month or so ago, as well as a variety of other errands around the city today. The weather is very tolerable at the moment; feels cooler than last year.
We had an unexpected surprise when Dr. Daniel and his new wife Rachel turned up at the guesthouse this afternoon and we were able to have a great visit. They are from Oregon and we've enjoyed getting to know them at recent CAT meetings. They are currently raising support to move to Uganda planning on joining the work up in Karamoja (Peace Villages). They have been out for a visit and are now traveling tomorrow to Mombasa to join other missionary veterinarians for the CVM retreat.
Everyone has gone to bed, except for me...weirdest thing. I slept little last night as my brain couldn't quite be convinced that it needed some down time. I never got tired today and it's nearly 1 am and I'm still fine. For those of you praying for my injured knee, thank you. It's doing well; certainly no worse for wear with the long trip. We heard that a hike is planned for the team (maybe to neighboring villages) next week, so we'll see how that works out for me :o)
More soon....big day of packing supplies is planned for tomorrow. Warmly, Janelle
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the update. May God prepare your way. Protect your flanks; and meet you at your destination.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for keeping us posted. Give Susan my regards. Praying for those I know and those I have yet to meet. God bless you! Luanne Hamilton (from Bible study)
ReplyDelete